Dr. Christian Boris Brunner
Deputy Professor in International Marketing
Corporate Branding, Media Planning and Transnational Brand Communication
- Independent brand and innovation consultant, scientist, speaker and author
- Over 15 years of experience in branding, marketing communications and product launch development, especially in the food, pharmaceutical, automotive and packaging industries
- Studied business administration at the Ingolstadt School of Business and the Universitá degli Studi the Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy; Doctorate at the Justus Justus Liebig University Giessen on the subject of portfolio advertising in complex brand architectures, multiple awards, etc. from the brand association
- International research experience at renowned top universities, i.a. at the University of Reading (UK) and the German University in Cairo (Egypt)
- Over 50 publications in top journals, editorial, journals and daily newspapers (e.g., Journal of Product and Brand Management, Wirtschaftswoche and FAZ)
- Focus: Brand Architectures & Portfolios, Brand Innovation, Social Media & User Experience Design and Virtual Reality
Brunner, C.B.; Ullrich, S.; De Oliveira, M. J. (2019): “The most optimal way to deal with negative consumer review: Can positive brand and customer responses rebuild product purchase intentions?”, Internet Research, Vol. 29, No. 1
Brunner, C. B., Langer, T. (2017). “Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility for Brands”, in: Diehl, S. Karmasin, M., Mueller, B. Terlutter, R. & Weder, F. (Eds.): Handbook of Integrated CSR Communication, Berlin: Springer, Springer series “CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance.
Georgantzis, N. / Brunner, C. (2016): Promotional effort, in: Marciano, A. & Battista Ramello, G. (Eds.): Encyclopedia of Law and Economics, Berlin: Springer.
Brunner, C. B. / Ullrich, S. / Jungen, P. / Esch, F.-R. (2016): “Impact of symbolic product design on brand evaluations”, in: Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 1-14.
Ullrich, S. / Brunner, C. B. (2015): “Negative consumer reviews: Effects of different responses”, in: Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 66-77.
Brunner, C. B. (2013): Portfolio-Werbung als Technik des Impression Management: Eine Untersuchung zur gegenseitigen Stärkung von Dachmarke und Produktmarken in komplexen Markenarchitekturen (Portfolio Advertising as a Technique of Impression Management: A Study of the Mutual Strengthening of the Corporate Brand and its Product Brands in Complex Brand Architectures), 2nd Edition, Wiesbaden: Gabler.
Esch, F.-R. / Brunner, C. B. (2010): “Portfolio Advertising as an Instrument to Strengthen the Corporate Brand in a Complex Brand Architecture”, in: European Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 9, p. 1.
Brunner, C. B. (2010): “Alle für Einen, einer für Alle” (Portfolio Advertising: One for All, All for One), in: Markenartikel, No. 11, pp. 88-91.
Esch, F.-R. / Brunner, C. B. (2010): “Corporate Social Responsibility: Mehr als nur leere Worte?” (Corporate Social Responsibility: More than Just Empty Promises?), in: Markenartikel, No. 4, pp. 75 – 77.
Esch, F.-R. / Brunner, C. B. / Gawlowski, D. / Knörle, C. / Krieger, K. H. (2010): “Customer Touch Points marken- und kundenspezifisch managen” (Managing Customer Touchpoints for Individual Brands and Customers), in: Marketing Review St. Gallen, No. 2, pp. 8 – 13.
Esch, F.-R. / Brunner, C. B. (2009): “Sein und Schein” (Illusion and Reality of Corporate Responsibility), in: Wirtschaftswoche (Special Issue on CSR), 07/12/2009, No. 50, pp. 40 – 42.
Esch, F.-R. / Brunner, C. B. (2009): “Kein Wundermittel – CSR ist in aller Munde” (No Magic Cure: Corporate Social Responsibility is today’s hot topic), in: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (Special Issue on CSR), 10/06/2009, No. 132, p. B2.